Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Weather App is Judgmental

Here is a standard excerpt from my weather app on my Droid:

“Showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the morning. Unreasonably warm. Highs in the upper 60s. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain showers in the evening, then clear after midnight.”

Weatherbug looks all cute and innocent but
it is judging the weather ...and you.

Unreasonably warm? It's Chicago, we all know that a lot of the weather is unexpected. Droid, who are you to say it’s unreasonable?

Ok, so my weather app actually uses the word “unseasonably” but every single gd time the app uses “unseasonably” I read it as “unreasonably.”  My brain just does not want to process the word “unseasonably” so instead I’m left feeling like I need to defend the weather to my phone. Or maybe I should just learn to read.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like YOU are the judgemental one... stop being mad at your weather app for being smarter than you. Hahahahaha : )

    ReplyDelete